My posts seem to have a theme lately. I recently posted about my parents’ 49th wedding anniversary and now I’m posting about my thoughts on turning forty. To tell you the truth, I haven’t had time to analzye over how I feel about starting my life in a new decade. I’ve actually left my thirties behind, but I’m okay with it. Each decade gets better and I want to continue to embrace life and enjoy every moment. It’s exciting to think about what’s around the corner. Many of my friends have been turning the big 4-0 and I feel we’re all on the same page. We’re not running away from it, yet embracing it.
One of the biggest accomplishments I’ve taken with me into my forties is that I’m more confident in myself than I’ve ever been in the past. I’ve worked hard to stay true to myself and my beliefs and values. I’m comfortable in myself as a person. I’ve crafted a life I wanted for myself and I’m actually now living that life.
This will sound cliché, but age is simply a number. We are all as young, healthy, and happy as we choose to feel.
I’m a lover of lists, so I put together some goals I would love to experience in this next chapter:
1. Study for and take the LSAT.
2. Publish my book! (October 18th is just around the corner)
3. Finish writing my second book.
4. Make ‘Sunday Night Dinner’ for loved ones a new tradition in my home.
5. Host my first Thanksgiving for family and friends.
6. Plan a much-needed vacation with my other half to an island.
7. Run the Walt Disney World marathon.
8. Go zip lining in Gatorland. My Aunt and cousins have inspired me.
9. Add “visit the beach” to my weekly agenda. I keep trying for this one.
10. Start a family.
11. Continue to nurture relationships with those who are a part of my life.
How do you feel about significant birthdays?