The holiday season is upon us! Over the Thanksgiving weekend I found myself putting my pumpkins away and bringing out the Nutcrackers, Santa and red, green and silver decor. In addition to beginning to decorate my home, my family and I went to see Coney Island Christmas at The Naples Players in downtown Naples. Downtown is always so pretty and festive with a sea of white lights on all of the streets.
This year I’m going to host Christmas day at my house for my family. We’ll start by making coffee and opening presents in the morning and I’ll cook up a Christmas feast for later in the day. We’ll take Maisy for long walks and watch our favorite Christmas movies. I’m still deciding on a dinner menu and plan to make a pie for the first time in my life.
Life is pretty bustling outside of holiday celebrations with work obligations, promoting my book, taking the LSAT, writing book #2, and consistently trying to get back into a fitness routine. That being said, I’m going to be sure I enjoy every moment of this season the best I can, as it always goes by in a blink. Here are a few activities on my holiday season wish list this year:
– Visit the Christmas sections of retail stores, especially Macy’s, Lowes and HomeGoods.
– Ride through the neighborhood adjacent to where my parents live to see the Christmas light displays. Every year this particular neighborhood goes above and beyond decorating each street with its own theme – Candy Cane Lane, Christmas Trees, Frosty the Snowman, etc. It’s quite cute and puts you in the spirit.
– Bake Christmas cookies at home with Mom.
– Watch my favorite Christmas movies including Home Alone, The Holiday and Love Actually.
– Check out the elaborate Gingerbread House at The Ritz-Carlton Beach Resort.
– A Christmas parade.
– Christmas gatherings with family and friends.
How do you like to celebrate during the holiday season? Do you have any special traditions?