I packed up and left New York City behind a little over a year ago. It has been a whirlwind ever since, in the best way possible. As soon as I relocated, everything I had envisioned and more fell into place seamlessly. That is when you know you are in the right place at the right time, agreed?
Picking up and starting fresh has been one of the most exhilarating times in my life. What prompted my move was news of an illness in the family, and luckily, in one year everything has turned out positive in that sense. Life has a way of working out, as I would probably still be in New York City if it weren’t for the scary news I received in the first place that instigated my immediacy to move.
I thought I’d share a recap of what’s been happening over the span of the last twelve-plus months:
– I moved in with my family until I got settled. We’ve had countless family dinners together (including neighbors and friends) which have been special. These are the memories I cherish and the times I will not take for granted. We haven’t lived in the same town for years keeping us apart from the opportunity to share in this tradition I’m planning to host once I’m in my own home.
– I bought my very first home and will be moving in August.
– I’ve wanted a pup for as long as I can remember and I’m officially a dog mom to Miss Maisy Mae, my southern belle.
– I finished writing my first novel and I’m self-publishing the book. It will be released on October 18, 2016.
– My job consisted of consulting full-time for almost a year. It’s something I’ve always wanted to try out.
– I’m now working full-time for a local law school as their Director of Special Events and Communications. I researched this school before I moved to Naples. I had a warm feeling about the institution and knew I would fit in quite well; turns out I was right.
– I gave up dieting for good.
– I watch sunsets on the beach.
– I do a majority of my writing outside on the lake.
– I found a running group and two wonderful running girlfriends as a result of it.
– I’ve become friendly with my neighbors from taking my dog on daily walks.
– I’ve met wonderful local friends through work, my own family, and my boyfriend. They’re slowly becoming one big family to me.
– It never fails every time – I get excited about driving around town to pick up various supplies. I just love living in the suburbs again. Some of my favorite haunts include Walmart, TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, Marshalls, Whole Foods, Fresh Market, and Trader Joe’s.
– All of my out-of-town family and friends have been stopping in for a visit. I really enjoy showing my new world to loved ones.
– I finally visited Animal Kingdom on a trip back to Disney World. Disney is one of my favorite places (yes, I know I’m an adult) and Animal Kingdom has always been on my wish list.
– I unexpectedly found love. I was the gal always vowing to be single forever as I absolutely enjoy my independence. Now I can’t imagine my life without him, and I do still have the ability to live my life as me. We complement each other. This threw me for a loop and wasn’t in the plan, but it has been one of the best unpredicted surprises of moving to Naples.
My heart is full.
I hope everyone enjoys the upcoming weekend!